Loan Watch: The Hoff played as goalkeeper for Bristol against Forest

There were a couple of Championship games and a League One match of interest for Wolves yesterday.

In League One Southend United took on Yeovil Town in what was to be a totally dull and uninteresting match. But interesting enough for Wolves Scott Malone was playing for 66 minutes on the left wing. Moussa was suspended and he took his place.

But the game ended as a goalless draw. Hopefully Malone will play the next match as well. Southend are in great danger for relegation being still three points from safety.

In Bristol City Stefan “The Hoff” Maierhofer started on the bench as usual. Maynard and Haynes are still their preferred starting strikers. City played Forest at home and did quite well against the third team in the tables. And they started well. Fontaine scored their goal after just three minutes of play.

But on the half hour mark Moussi of Nottingham Forest scored. It came from a fantastic right-footed drive into the top-right corner. After 70 minutes Bristol made their first substitute and in the 82nd minute the Robins changed both their strikers for The Hoff and Clarkson. But they could not make any mark on that short time.

But that is not completely true as the keeper in Bristol City was taken off on a stretcher after injury a couple of minutes after the Hoff came on. The Robins had made all three substitution so the tallest man in British football found himself standing in the City goal. And the Hoff did it very well by not letting in any goal in the last minutes of the game. Maybe he has found his right position now? But I very much doubt that he could challenge our fantastic keeper Marcus Hahnemann for the shirt in Wolves. 😆

Queens Park Rangers – with both Carl Ikeme and Matt Hill playing – faced Sheffield Wednesday at home. Faurlin – apparently one of the smart signings of Briatore – scored for Rangers after 23 minutes and he was QPR:s main threat through out the match. Ikeme didn’t have too much to do, but he saved a header from James O’Connor, but it came nicely straight into his arms.

With 20 minutes left though, Soares could head the ball behind Ikeme from the far post after a left wing cross. In the dying minutes of the game the Owls actually had a chance to take all three points, but Ikeme saved the bacon by hypnotising Leon Clarke to shoot straight at him. 😆



~ by paddytheflea on April 4, 2010.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: