Wolves Reserves defeated by Amoo and Suso

The Wolves Reserves had a hard time against Liverpool FC yesterday. As I mentioned in my pre-match article there were a couple of players in the Liverpool Reserves team to look out for.

Amoo was one of them and he came into action after just 2 minutes when Danny Wilson passed the ball to Tom Ince (yes it’s the son of Paul). He turned and passed it on to Suso on the left who cleverly delivered a perfect low cross into the path of Amoo who scored past Hennessey from eightyards.

A shock for Wolves, and the agony continued as Liverpool pressed forward. They came close again only a couple of minutes later when Suso crossed the ball to Ince who became alone with our keeper, but Hens could save that one with his legs.

Wolves defended desperately and blocked a couple of shots, but after eight minutes Hennessey was unable to hold the ball after saving an Amoo shot – when Liverpool came to another one of their very fast attacks – and the Liverpool striker could score his second goal in seven minutes.

Over twenty minutes of the match went by – with Liverpool having most of the control of the ball – before Wolves had their first chance. It was Ashley Hemmings who shot just over the bar from eight yards after som good work from Malone.

Hennessey then did a couple of good performances as he dived to get a ball from a Liverpool players feet and tipped an effort from sixteen year old starlet Suso over the bar.

On the corner resulted from that Hennessey made a fantastic save on a volley from Liverpool skipper Irwin. Our young Welsh keeper really had some work to do during the first half and he did it well when Aamo tried the hat-trick, but missed a shot wide to the right from the right side.

The half closed with Ince bursting through the Wolves defence, curling a ball just a couple of inches over the bar.

The Wolves Reserves were really outplayed in the first half, but they bettered themselves in the second. Nenad Milijas presented himself with one of his long shots, but it went over the bar.

Steven Mouyokolo went close to score after a corner by Malone, but his effort was scrambled out of the area by the Liverpool defence.

Milijas also went close after a corner by Rooney, but his header from up close was saved by the Liverpool keeper.

Mujangi Bia came on and made some difference when he got forward on fresh legs and launched the ball towards the goal from 30 yards. But it sadly bounced off the bar with the keeper beaten. Suso also tested Hennessey at the other end, but he saved the effort.

Hemmings had a couple of good chances at the end of the game, but nothing went Wolves way last night and Liverpool could claim the victory after a superb first half.

Well. Better luck next time for the Wolves Reserves.  And that’s on the 28th when they play Newcastle at home (Telford).

Liverpool Reserves: Gulacsi, Darby, Robinson, Irwin (c), Wilson, Wisdom, Amoo, Shelvey, Eccleston, Suso, Ince (Bruna 81).
Unused Subs: Flanagan, Bouzanis, Roberts, Palsson.

Wolves Reserves: Hennessey, Ebanks-Landell, Hill, Mouyokolo, Reckord, Harris (Forde 75), Doherty (Gorman 45), Rooney, Hemmings, Milijaš, Malone (capt) (Mujangi-Bia 62).
Unused sub: McCarey.



~ by paddytheflea on September 15, 2010.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: