Injury Watch: Jarvis new on a long list. In doubt against Birmingham
There is no end to the sorrows nor to the injury list of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
Yesterday when I looked at it we had eight players on the list with two scheduled to a come back this weekend. Today it’s a new set-back and our best player this season so far – Matt Jarvis – is a big doubt for the Sunday derby against Birmingham City.
Jarvis got a knock on the knee against Blackburn and have had treatment for it, but has not recovered yet and is a doubt against the Blues at home on Sunday afternoon.
The others on the list are:
* Michael Kightly – patella tendons – no return date scheduled
* Adlène Guédioura – broken leg – possibly back in mid February
* Jody Craddock – hip/thigh problem – possibly back in mid Feb.
* Karl Henry – knee ligament – back in the end of January
* Dave Jones – ankle/foot – probably back next week
* Michael Mancienne – knee – probably back next week
* Steven Fletcher – illness – probably back next week
* Dave Edwards – thigh strain – probably back this weekend
* Steven Mouyokolo – back injury – not known at the moment
That’s a list of nine and practically all could play in a starting eleven in the first team if fit. But it looks like Dave Edwards can play on Sunday and three more can be ready to play against the lot down the road next weekend.
But for Sunday we are a crippled team, and if Matt Jarvis is out aswell we are in dire straits indeed.
Let’s hope Matt can play, but I hope and believe that the management of Wolves are wise enough to rest him if he risks to get worse if he play.
P.S. Kevin Doyle has a dead leg but will according to McCarthy be fit for Sunday.