10 Reasons Why Wolves Will Kill Kenny’s Merry Men Off
I’m getting fed up with people that still are in denial about the fall of Liverpool from the fab 4 of the Premier League and the rise of Wolves in stature in the footballing world.
Even usually well informed Wolves fans don’t realise just how good Mick McCarthy’s team is and that the glory days of Liverpool are over. No King Kenny can change that.
Because of that I will now present 10 reasons why Wolves will win today:
1. Liverpool have only won 2 games away from home in 13 months
2. Wolves have won 4 of their 5 latest home games
3. Wolves have scored 10 goals in their last three games, Pool 3
4. Wolves are 9th in the official PL formguide – Liverpool number 18
5. Liverpool Captain Gerrard is banned and out. The Wolves captain is back in play after injury
6. The Wolves players are full of confidence after 4 wins in the last 8, Chelsea and Pool among them. The Liverpool lot are weak and worried after only one win in the last 8
7. The Wolves win at Anfield was well earned. Wolves were the best team and they know how to – and that they are able to – beat Liverpool
8. Wolves have a boost since the teams last met with three of the most important players back in contention after injury. Kevin Doyle, Karl Henry and Jody Craddock – the backbone of the team.
9. There will be 26.000 singing, jumping and shouting Wolves fans at Molineux today and only a couple of thousand Liverpool supporters.
10. Wolves have had the same manager in 4 years, Pool change them like shirts. That means lack of continuity and development of the Pool team.
It wasn’t very hard to come up with these ten reasons and I could easily come up with ten more. The only thing that worries me now is that football is a game where the best team don’t always win – and the cold weather.