Big Things Are Happening In Wolverhampton!
Yes. Big things are finally happening in Wolverhampton and it’s all about football.
First of all. Paddytheflea signs on for a third season covering Wolverhampton Wanderers! After one month of silence and vacation the annoying little bug has decided to write about his favorite team one more year. And he believes this will be the season when Wolves will establish themselves as a mid-table team in the Premier League – the best show on earth.
The second big news about Wolves is that Steve Morgan has announced a deal with several parties involved about rebuilding Compton Park for a total sum of about £50 million. The rebuild includes an indoor football arena and a totally new Academy facility that will become one of the very best in the country, allowing Wolves to be one of a very few clubs to open up a first class national academy according to the new rules concerning this, established by the FL and the Premier League.
That means that Wolverhampton Wanderers can attract the very best young footballers in England and the world to be properly educated from an early age and, hopefully, the club will be able to benefit from that with players moving from the Academy and the Development Team to go on to play directly for Wolves in the Premier League.
The third big news is that Wolves and our skilful negotiator Jez Moxey – who looks more and more like a wolf for every year – has succeeded in luring one of the best central defenders in the country to play for us.
His name is Roger Johnson and he has previously represented Cardiff and Birmingham. He was – in my opinion – the main reason for the successes of the defence in these clubs when Cardiff reached the finals of the League Cup two seasons ago and when Birmingham snatched the cup last season. As a natural leader of the back line he will be of immense value to stabilise this important part of the team the upcoming season. Welcome to Wolves Mr Johnson!
A couple of other things has also happened during my absence from reporting to you;
- Jamie O’Hara is now ours for a reported £5 million from Tottenham
- We have also signed a new keeper in Dorus De Vries from Swansea for free
- Halford has gone to Pompey for a reported fee of £1 million
- Wolves have been in Ireland for a one week training camp
- The Development Team are in Northern Ireland at the moment and did win there first match yesterday
- Rumours are that Villareal’s interested in Matt Jarvis and wants to sign him for £6M. Don’t listen to that rubbish!
- Wolves are favorites by the betting companies to sign former West Ham defender Upson. I’m not so sure we will.
– proud supporter and reporter of Wolves